HOW TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FALLS FROM A HEIGHT
PRIORITY GIVEN TO COLLECTIVE PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (CPE)
As a major player in fall protection systems, Pacquet Solutions d'Empotage has made safety and collective protection an integral part of the design of its equipment, and provides very safe installations that comply with the applicable guidelines issued by the CARSAT and the INRS. Our equipment is approved and certified by APAVE (third-party certification agency in France).
PACQUET: DESIGNER-MANUFACTURER OF SAFE ACCESS GANGWAYS TO THE TOPS OF FLUID OR BULK TANKERS
SITUATIONS THAT POSE A SAFETY HAZARD FOR OPERATORS WORKING ON THE TOPS OF TANKERS:
During the operational phases at the top of a tanker, your operators often work:
- on inclined and/or slippery surfaces
- on surfaces that pose a risk of falling from a height
- on a work perimeter or on a truck access gangway with little or no safety systems around the manholes
- They may also climb up to the tanker top without collective and enhanced protection.
Pacquet Solutions d'Empotage works with you to design the safe access gangway, access system or loading system most suited to your application or installation. Our design office technicians and engineers give you the support you need from the reception of your request to the installation and commissioning of the solution on your production site. They discuss every detail with you in order to develop the tanker top access gangway that suits you:
- the nature of the operations carried out on the top of the tanker: loading, unloading, washing, venting, taking samples, etc.
- the type(s) of tanker(s) encountered on site: single-compartment, multi-compartment, Jumbo, ISO-container, bulk tank, etc.
- how often the gangway is used
- the equipment on the tanker: ladder, gratings, other, etc.
- existing equipment on site in the event of an integration project
- the available floor space
any other specific features of the site: compressed air supply (should any pneumatic assistance be required) or compatibility with existing equipment (e.g. for a loading system)
What's more, a safe access gangway specifically designed for you, and with you, that fulfils all of your requirements
REDUCING GAPS AND CLOSING OFF THE WORKSPACE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE
Our teams develop innovative systems every day. The purpose of these systems is to close off the work space at the top of the tanker as much as possible. The sole objective: reducing, as much as possible, any gaps that pose a clear risk of falling. There are many options available:
- fully closing off the work platform with optional access hatches
- systems to close off the perimeter using pneumatic guillotines
- barriers that can be retracted by remote control using a crank on the platform (Monte & Baisse® fall protection system)
- storage position locking systems
- blocking of the gangway if it is not positioned correctly and the position is not compatible with the tanker top access